Natural antihistamine: why should you choose it?
A natural antihistamine is ideal for treating seasonal allergies, which affect numerous people of all ages. They are caused by exposure to volatile substances such as pollen, which is only present at certain times of the year. The occurrence of seasonal allergies is especially common in spring, summer or autumn. As can be guessed, during the change of seasons, the percentage of suffering from allergies is higher and certainly depends on the allergy trigger.
The symptoms that occur mainly affect the mucous membranes inside the nose or those lining the eyelids. This may cause allergic rhinitis in the first case and allergic conjunctivitis in the second.
- Nasal secretion
- Watery eyes
These are part of the symptoms that occur with seasonal allergies. Fortunately there are many natural remedies and antihistamines that reduce the side effects, such as Aloe Vera. Before we find out how Aloe Vera is an excellent natural remedy due to its beneficial properties, we will explain in detail what an allergy means for your immune system.
What is an allergy?
Our immune system has the function of protecting the body from harmful substances, e.g. bacteria and viruses. Allergy occurs when we cannot correctly distinguish between harmful and harmless agents. Allergens (elements considered harmful) are in fact generally harmless, and in most people they do not stimulate an immune response.
In the allergic person, however, the immune system is stimulated and identifies that substance as foreign. Exposure to the allergen then produces various symptoms, such as itching, swelling, mucus, hives, a rash or muscle spasms, all caused by the release of histamine by the body. The severity of these symptoms depends on the individual and can lead in extreme cases to anaphylactic shock, but more commonly they are mild but persistent annoyances.
Some people cannot tolerate pollen, mould, animal hair or dust, and may also have allergy-related diseases such as eczema or asthma. Those with food allergies and those who cannot take certain medications.
Fortunately, in addition to supplements or antihistamine drugs, there are, as we have said, natural remedies such as aloe vera. They can be used to alleviate discomfort such as itching from seasonal allergies.
Natural antihistamine: how to eliminate itching?
Allergies are precisely reactions of the immune system. The most frequent symptoms being itching, asthma, gastrointestinal symptoms and finally anaphylactic shock. Certainly itching is one of the less serious symptoms, but it is very annoying. There are some remedies to alleviate this discomfort:
- When washing, it is preferable to use foam baths that are not aggressive to the skin.
- Use cold ice applied to the affected area to relieve the itching.
- Apply Aloe Vera: it has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties and is full of vitamin A. Useful for soothing itching in the case of allergies.
Beneficial properties of Aloe Vera as a natural antihistamine
- Aloe Vera can, thanks to its high concentrations of acemannan, anthraquinones and the enzyme bradykinase, relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies by increasing tolerance to allergens and thus decreasing the violence of the immune response. The benefits of Aloe Vera for treating seasonal allergies do not stop there! Many allergic reactions manifest themselves in redness and skin irritation, which can be alleviated thanks to the benefits of Aloe.
Specifically, you can use aloe in two formulas: as juice or as a gel to apply to the skin.
- In the first case, you can take 99.8% pure Aloe Vera juice every day: drink 50 ml, preferably in the morning before or after breakfast. If you don’t like the taste of aloe, you can also dissolve it in water.
- In the second case, you can use Aloe Vera Gel, which is obviously recommended especially for skin reactions, itching, rashes and redness: in this case too, apply a small amount of the product to the affected area until it is completely absorbed, even several times a day. You will have an immediate sensation of freshness. We recommend that you carry the gel with you at all times, so that you can go about your daily business with peace of mind.
Now you can face seasonal allergies with an extra weapon, a natural remedy that will help you to cure discomfort and itching!
Try our products