This is a special period for our hair: it is thinning, weakening and will soon show the damage of summer. So let’s see which are the best hair vitamins and which products to use
Hair vitamins: the hair’s life cycle
The hair is born, grows and dies. Just like us, hair has a life marked by very precise phases – exactly:
- Anagen: the growth phase, starting from the follicle, which lasts for years;
- Catagen: the hair stops growing, the follicle is left to rest and the involution phase begins;
- Telogen: anchored to the follicle, the hair is weak, appearing non-viable;
- Exogen: the final phase, with detachment from the follicle and definitive loss.
Hair, like all organs and tissues in the human body, draws its sustenance from our blood system, and its growth is also linked to hormones, particularly testosterone levels.
However, other factors also have a major influence on hair health: the environment, genetics, stress and habits, as well as a lack of vitamins.
What damages hair
In addition to temporary and episodic losses, which mainly affect women, linked to difficult times or seasons, our behaviour can weaken or irreparably damage our hair.
Here are a few examples
- an incorrect and disordered diet;
- a lack of physical activity, which affects cell oxygenation and therefore, indirectly, hair loss;
- taking certain medications, which can have this side effect;
- chronic stress;
- poor sleep quality, related to stress, which does not allow the body to put in place those cell regeneration mechanisms that are also essential for hair;
- the use of overly aggressive products or excessive washing;
- particular phases in a woman’s life, such as pregnancy, breastfeeding and the menopause;
- vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Every day around 100 hairs leave our hair, but the numbers can be much higher: how can we avoid this problem in a natural way?
The first keyword is: vitamins.
Vitamins are micronutrients capable of satisfying the body’s biological needs: they have a fundamental task for organic well-being. This also applies to hair health.
We normally get these vitamins from our diet, a healthy and proper diet that includes vegetables, fruit, meat and fresh fish. But although diet is very important, sometimes it is not enough.
So what supplements should we choose?
There are plenty on the market, but these are the specific vitamins you need to take to have healthy hair and prevent hair loss:
- Vitamin A: slows down hair ageing, prevents dandruff and scalp dryness;
- Vitamin E: promotes hair growth by improving blood circulation;
- Group B vitamins: oxygenate the hair bulbs and stimulate regeneration of the cells involved;
- Vitamin C: boosts iron assimilation, essential for healthy hair, with an improvement in the oxidative metabolism of follicle cells;
- Vitamin H: strengthens the hair, banishing the ghost of thinning.
Our advice is to always use supplements combining these vitamins with minerals, antioxidant molecules and omega-3 fatty acids. And do at least one cycle of 3 months in a row to see the effects.
The right products
As well as a healthy diet and effective supplementation, always remember to use quality products for the daily care of your hair.
But that’s not all: our entire line is based on Aloe Vera, which is completely natural and organic, Zero Water and VeganOk.